With Monday’s session taking place during a heatwave, please ensure you reassess your own suitability to take part. The forecast is currently between 36° and 29° throughout the 8pm and 9pm sessions and there are well publicised warnings about the weather. Click here for the latest NHS guidance for how to cope in hot weather.
Other local venues have already cancelled sessions booked for tomorrow – Hemel FC have advised we can decide ourselves if the session should go ahead or not.
If you feel that you can’t or shouldn’t play, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (block bookers please notify throught the Spond app, if possible) so we can plan ahead with numbers – you will receive a refund (block bookers wont lose a week). If there remains sufficient numbers and the games go ahead, please ensure you bring water tand stay hydrated throughout the game. At the discretion of respective match organisers, games might kick-off late and/or finish early to ensure no-one is over exerted in the heat.
- The main risks posed are:
- Not drinking enough water (dehydration);
- The heat could make symptoms worse for people who already have problems with their heart or breathing;
- Heat exhaustion and heatstroke;
- Furthermore, anyone who is already spending a lot of time outside or in hot places during the day leading up to the game might find it a struggle to play.